Thread: $ of Medicare
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 08:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default $ of Medicare

I am a 52 year old male. I live in KS. This March will be my two year anniversary of being on SSDI (for sfn).

I went to a place that helps people understand Medicare. She told me it would cost between $300 to $500 PER MONTH.

Currently, via the marketplace -- I pay 50 bucks per month. BCBS. FREE MEDS, FREE appointments. It is awesome. So, I'm in shock regarding the Medicare costs.

What is your monthly premium? How much do your meds cost? I take six different meds a day so it is important that I find a plan that can handle my med load in an economical fashion.

So, once I get forced into Medicare -- then I can't use the Marketplace? I would like to retain my current BCBS policy if possible.

Those of you that know about Medicare, can you please advise if her figures are accurate? I make just a little too much money to qualify for EXTRA HELP. My IRA makes Extra Help impossible.

Those of you currently on Medicare, what are your thoughts about it? How much do you pay per month? Do you think you are getting good value for the money that you have to spend regarding your healthcare needs. Thanks.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote