View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 02:30 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi,
I'm new to the forums. I joined to find information for my husband. I've had Fibromyalgia for 20 years, IBS, cancer and more so I'm no stranger to chronic illness. My husband is 59 and was just diagnosed. Since your post asks more about my reaction, I'll just concentrate on that.
I broke down. I cried and I became so unmotivated I literally couldn't do anything for 2-3 weeks. I was in a state of shock. I ended up talking with a psychologist. She said if there are days where you only want to watch Newflix and play on the computer, then that's what you do. You have to fill your life with little joys when the major 'crap storms' hit.
I think my problem was seeing my husband suffer. It tore me apart. The double vision is his worst symptom. After research, we've determined he's probably had this most of his life. I do have a fear he will die, but like he says all the time 'no one is getting off this planet alive anyway.'
I have to do all the driving. His energy level is back and he's volunteering. Anything to help him feel useful I'm all for it.
We made a pact....we are in this til the end, no matter what. We will enjoy what we can, continue to help others and just take it a little at a time.
Good luck to you!!
Ocean Winds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (09-24-2016)