Thread: $ of Medicare
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 05:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If I recall .... my medicare is about $104/month.

This does not include part D (drugs).
(we have secondary insurance that pays for both of us including drugs from my husband's pension, however). We have yet to pay any doctor's bills, or the recent ER visit my husband made, because with both insurances everything is covered ..within reason).

I recall that if I didn't file for it within X number of days...I can't recall exactly how many days...the amount goes up.

Things may be different if you are SSDI, and younger than retirement age.

I'd go to the website and check yourself.

I'm just a bit overwhelmed by all the choices and options. Which website? They have about a dozen of them. Is there something wrong with someone trying 'not to reinvent the wheel'? I figure a few on you this board have already 'been there/done that' and could therefore lessen my learning curve. I'm not asking anybody to do my 'homework' for me. But I'm probably doing the usual thing a neurotic person does -- worrying about nothing.

So, I already got A and B (at least come March 2017). The $124 deducted from my SSDI check. Would it be reasonable to think that I can find a good plan D for around $125?

I wish I did not have to give up the policy I got when I was in the marketplace. Premiums were 40 bucks per month. 500 bucks out of pocket -- after that EVERYTHING was FREE. ZERO. So, I have to let that expire to pay for something that cost ten times more?! And doesn't have near the coverage/benefits. I wish I would have been given a choice about it! I guess this is a good way for them to get some of their money back. Ghez! Thanks Uncle Sam!

canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote