View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 08:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Xmas leave approved

DB has had his leave approved and will go home to see his dad for Xmas and NY. I'm really pleased he has this chance. His dad is 75 with Parkinsons and had his right leg amputated at knee stump 23 years ago. Seems like a lifetime, he never complains. I will stay home as I'm not well enough to fly, and it means the pets aren't disrupted. We went to our friends 30th wedding anniversary party on Saturday. Held in a pub and DB handled it really well. The leg he injured weeks ago may need surgery, has a 7cm tear in the calf with an 8cm hematoma, has to see an ortho surgeon next week, that coupled with learning he needs hearing aids and injuring his shoulder again on Friday has made for challenging days and yet he has handled it well. 270 days since his last drink and 402 since a bender. I'm hopeful he will have everything resolved before Dec 16 particularly getting the hearing aids, I think it will make a huge difference to his confidence and he agrees, apparently he has been deaf in one ear for a very long time, maybe even since childhood.
ger715 (09-27-2016), PurpleFoot721 (10-10-2016), Wide-O (09-26-2016)