Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Perimenopause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrens05 View Post
Hello,

I am a 45 year old woman who has just had my first seizure last month and had another one this month. I have started to go through menopause (confirmed with blood tests). I feel like this cannot be a coincidence. I have started taking Keppra XR. I am only taking 500 mg at the moment. The doctor prescribed 1000mg (2 pills a day), but I am having a rough time with it making me extremely tired and not able to focus, so I am easing into it gradually. I feel like this is all tied to my hormones going crazy. I have been late with my period for the last 2 months and have been under a lot of stress. My neurologist kind of sucks - who exactly should I see for this? I'm looking for a neuroendocrinologist but I am finding one hard to find. It's nice to hear of another person starting to have seizures later in life. They are very scary for myself and my husband and children
xc

I had my first seizure at age 46 while still having regular menstrual cycle but believe it is perimenopause related since never had any before. Have you found another dr. and have they agreed that this can be due to perimenopause? Thanks for your help!
MACEY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote