View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 11:28 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi David,

My experience may be too unrelated but I thought I'd share anyway. I have CRPS due to surgical nerve damage in my foot and share symptoms with the SFN gang. I have always been a little food reactive but noticed after getting CRPS that this tendency became much, much worse. Nightshades, spice, nitrates and wine can set off a flare of redness/hotness/discomfort (progressing to stinging if bad enough) that is worst in my affected foot but is also seen in my hands and unaffected foot.

CRPS has an auto-immune component in some patients. I really wanted to find out what was happening as I have a shellfish allergy and am prescribed an Epipen. The last thing I need to do is inadvertantly make myself worse. So I went to my allergist to make sure I wasn't headed down the anaphylaxis path with any exposure to offending foods. Lo and behold, scratch testing was completely negative! My allergist said that some people have a metabolic reaction to certain foods that fits exactly what I experience. He said it can be annoying but was not causing harm.

My ANA and sed rate were pretty much zilch. Between that and the negative allergy test I have decided to occasionally indulge in pizza without worry .

I don't think identifiable triggers necessarily have to mean auto-immune. But I agree that keeping triggers down is a good thing and will help the system settle over all.

Hoping you find relief soon,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (10-06-2016), echoes long ago (09-27-2016)