View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 11:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Doing Extremely Well!

A couple of weeks ago I had the right Pica aneurysm coiled and a stent put in the pica artery. Quoting the doctor, "the surgery went amazing well"! I did think about Sarah and her camel dreams when they told me to think about something pleasant before they knocked me out. I don't recall dreaming about anything.

There was a 20% chance of being able to use the stent and I was blessed that the neurosurgeon was able to place the stent in the artery and not have to block the artery completely.

The surgery was performed by going up my right and left artery starting in my groin. They did not need to go through my cranium. The doctors indicated that they would not be able to reach the aneurysm via the cranium.

I slept alot, had bad headaches for the first week which have for the most part gone away now. I now get the headaches and neck muscle stiffness when I have done too much.

I am looking at starting to work from home part time next week.

The doctors had given me two web sites which have clips that helped us understand the procedure better. www.neuroformstent.com, www.matrixcoils.com; and www.valormedical.com.

I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers and am going great.
Waterfront is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote