View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 09:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkinson Fit View Post
Really enjoyed your book, Nan. Inspirational, and engaging. It also convinced me to add 3x stationary bike to my routine.

I was going to ask you a question, but there were too many others compelled to use the opportunity to make a statement. I found their stories interesting, and therapeutic, so I guess that's all good.

My question was going to be to ask about your decision to start Sinemet in 2014. Why did you wait so long? And what convinced you it was time?

- Brett
I had heard a lot of information about Sinemet that frightened me, especially that after starting it, you had about five years before developing diskensias. It turns out that's not necessarily true, but I didn't know that. Apparently the thing to be careful about is the amount of Sinemet you take. I'm told that 3,000/day is the magic num ER, but others on this forum are more knowledgable than I. I take 5 25/100 tablets per day, I.e. Only 500 units. I've experienced no dyskinesia. I was doing quite well on Dopamine Agonists for the first several years but then I developed side effects from each of them. I went to Baltimore, JH, and DC., NIH, and both doctors told me it was time for Sinemet. My doctor agreed and so it went and has worked well. This is another great benefit of being in clinical trials.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Parkinson Fit (10-03-2016)