View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Doydie - Apparently, the diuretic the doctor prescribed has sulfanomide in it and has caused those with sulfa abx allergies as well as penicillin allergies to have an allergic reaction to it. The pharmacist recommended I contact the doctor and discuss using a different diuretic. I have an appointment with her next month to discuss this as well as review some more blood work that I need to get done.

I have been tracking my diet for a few months now. On average, I take in around 1200 to 1500 calories a day. I brought my food diary with me and showed the doctors (a few of them) and there is nothing in there that would cause such a jump in weight. I do occasionally have some ice cream or something more fattening but not on a regular basis or enough that it would tip the scale. I scoop of ice cream a month is not going to make much of a difference.

The answer will come up but it's the waiting and worrying as being overweight/obese can cause all sorts of problems (diabetes, heart disease, and more mobility issues to name a few).
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (09-28-2016), PamelaJune (09-28-2016), Starznight (09-30-2016)