View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 01:00 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

AA,

I missed 10 months of work.

When I returned I knew it would be tough, being self employed and local competitors circling like vultures waiting for me to die or not return forced me to do what I had to do to protect my family.

I started at 2 hours and worked my way up as I could tolerate it. I believe the tolerate did not always mean feeling better, but, instead it meant learning to moderate symptoms before they got out of hand.

It took 5 months of working my way up from part time before I was full time. April 12 this year was 2 years post and just recently I feel mostly full bore again.

Learn to recognize what triggers your symptoms, the early warning signals your body sends of increasing symptoms and modify what you need to make it work.

Sometimes just a matter of a couple of minutes to rest and refocus is enough, sometimes more.

I will add that I work in a family business and I had to lean upon my sons a lot...I passed decisions off to them when I was overwhelmed, they accepted the challenge. My daughter drive me around in the afternoons, the mornings wore me out mentally and I think we are better off for the experience now. They grew up some and I had to trust!

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote