View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've been riding for several months, partly on my old mountain bike on a stand with a motor assist my husband rigged up and partly outside. I thought it was helping - I cut my meds back a wee bit and it was easier to move when I got up at night.

Then I went on a three week holiday where I couldn't t bike and oh my gosh,what a difference! I could hardly get moving at night,and I had to put my meds a little bit higher than before biking and put up with the resulting dyskinesia. You should have seen me the one night we camped. We drove way up north past the arctic circle and went prepared for possibly no hotels. I had a mummy bag because we thought that would keep me warm,but with both arms tucked inside I literally couldn't turn over. You should have seen the 2:00 am production whe I had to pee -first of all I had to somehow get out of the sleeping bag, then get out of the tent, then try not to think of bears as I looked for the nearest tree, then reverse the whole process!

I've been home almost a week and am hugely relieved that the bike seems to be doing its magic again.
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeffreyn (09-29-2016), soccertese (09-30-2016)