Thread: Neupro Patch
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 12:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank You, Ling

Thank you so much for responding to my post re: the Neupro Patch, Ling. I have carefully recorded your message so that I can relay it to my pwp. What seemed important for me is the fact that you are using the patch along with the Sinemet...this is something that I've read at another forum by a poster, there...that both the Neupro Patch and the Sinemet are used concommitantly. This is a question that I will certainly ask if/when my pwp's neurologist decides to prescribe the Neupro Patch. My pwp is really taking a low dose of Sinemet daily (2..25/100 tabs daily) so that, from what you said, this probably should not result in overdosing, especially if she starts with the 2mg. dose Neuro Patch...then, as you suggested...titrate up gradually as needed. You mentioned that you had been taking Requip which resulted in the unwanted side effect of overeating...I'd like to mention that my pwp took Mirapex in the past (had titrated up to 4.mg. daily) when she developed the unwanted side effect, OCD...it was terrible...and she had to be weaned off Mirapex even though that "med" had helped with her tremors tremendously...actually eliminated them...and she felt so well overall. We'll see, now, what happens as far as what the neurologist wants to do at this point. As I said...he seems to be leaning toward the Neuro Patch...but, I will ask him about using it along with the Sinemet.

Thanks so much, Ling...your post was very helpful.
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote