View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 01:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

A second opinion is certainly a good idea. However, though your neurologist said that if o-bands were present then you would likely get the dx, but it's a number's game with the o-bands where if I remember correctly it has to be greater than 5 present and then of course there's the ratio on the albumin and igg. That is the portion that he may have felt was more indicative of MS over the o-bands where the presence isn't great enough for a dx even if the lesions.

And it is crappy being in the limbo land. I spent 10 years there as have a lot of folks, it's just a really tricky disease that has no set symptoms or even progression chart that you can follow, and it's not the only disease out there like that making it even more fun for our doctors to decide which tricky one you may have since I assume they've looked at all the easily testable/viewable ones. Now you're into the void where it feels like doctors are just spinning a wheel and tossing darts at it to guess the next possible dx.

But as has already been suggested, keep track of your symptoms, don't hesitate to contact your neuro if any new symptoms arise, and pretty much be the squeaky wheel as much as you can. Don't insist you have a particular dx, but force the doctors to give you a proper dx, and just be ready for a potential long haul while praying that the next test holds the answer.

We're all here for you no matter what your dx ends up being or how long it may take to come in.
msbluis (10-05-2016), NurseNancy (09-30-2016)