View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 03:49 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I sincerely hope it's not the kidney's though problems with kidneys can cause weight gain. But I also strangely packed on a bunch of weight this past year. I'm only in my 30s so it has nothing to do with menopause, I've actually been more active with the GBs around so activity level shouldn't be a factor, my diet isn't any different than what it's been right along though as Doydie pointed out I do NOT get enough calories. Food is just not a high priority thing for me in my daily life and if I'm not careful I can actually go days without eating. I'm not anorexic I just could care less about eating more times than not, if food is available (I mean prepped and ready to just eat) I'll eat it if I'm hungry and if not, I kind of need to convince myself to go through the effort of making something to eat.

But in any event in this past year I've put on 30 lbs and went up 2 dress sizes. I am the widest I have ever been in my life. Generally I don't pay attention to what the scale says as far as weight goes, I've always weighed about 200lbs since I was in my early teens. I wore a size 4 at 5'7, but weighed 205 when I was 14, and even after hurting my back and going to a more seditary lifestyle I didn't gain "weight" just fat, stayed around 200lbs just went from a size 4 to a size 14. And I've held pretty steady there the past 10 or so years a little bit of fat loss a little bit of gaining it back in that time going from 10s-14s-12s and such, but you know staying within 2" or so around the waist in loss and gains. But this past year I went from a size 12 last August to a size 18 by this past May and I'm up around 235lbs . And that's being more active.

I pretty much give up at this point. I know all the health problems that come from being obese, but I only have so much energy to exercise each day, and only so many things I can do for exercise with my body torn apart, and I honestly know I'm not going eat more. I've tried, so many many times I have tried, pretty much my entire life I have tried to eat more, but food just doesn't hit my brain as a necessity. I mean today I had a glass of milk for breakfast pretty much because I didn't feel like making myself a bowl of cereal, and 1/2 cup of cooked pasta for dinner with a bit of parm. Yesterday I a 1/2 cup of orange juice for breakfast, because we were out of milk and it was all that was left of the OJ, and then my mom brought me some milk that ended up being my dinner because the DH was working overtime.

And we're grandparents... we have chips, cookies, ice cream, candy and all that in the house and nope didn't eat that either. We have fresh fruit and veggies, breads, crackers, cheeses, a full pantry of food, a full fridge, 2 full freezers and I settle for 1/2 a cup of OJ for breakfast and a glass of milk for dinner. And I honestly do try to eat... It just not something that really interests me on a daily basis. And I haven't hit my annual binge yet, where I tend to lose an incredible amount of weight in a week because I just want to eat everything in sight, I will be starving and need to eat the belly won't shut up in requests for food and then as soon as the week or so is over the brain and body go right back to ... "food? what's that?" As has been the pattern the past 30 plus years of my life, since even as toddler I really could have cared less about eating. I could polish off a gallon of milk, but eat??? Like put food in my mouth and chew it??? Nah, too much work, I'll just drink another glass of water that will shut the stomach up.
tkrik (10-05-2016)