View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 09:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default This may help some

If I took away my PD symptoms, I would be left with the same remaining symptoms of CFS, ME and fibromylagia. Further researching those illnesses there is a connection to reactivated viruses.

Testing myself, I have 4 active herpes virus (EBV, HSV-1, HHV-6, Cytomegalovirus). I quit all PD meds. I had already quit sinemet and switched to mucuna but am no longer taking mucuna. I was following the Hinz protocol and they said I was taking a very small amount so one day a few weeks ago, I quit.

I am now taking long term anti-virals, both western meds and natural herbs. I have a long ways to go but have had a few breakthrough days. My biggest complaint has always been pain followed by fatigue. I still have a neurological component (occasional tremor, dexterity, etc)

I'll be spending more time on CFS forums. I suspect this avenue will help some (especially early onset) but not all. The difference being true Parkinson's (decrease of dopamine) vs Parkinsonism from a virus impacting somehow the basal ganglia and having PD like symptoms.

Please check your viral load for active viruses!! Just FYI, I've seen four neurologists (one MDS) and they all said that I have PD....
OlliePop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olsen (10-06-2016)