Thread: pre-diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 05:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default "...experimental and non-diagnostic." ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rMuD View Post
So first round of Blood work is clear, CT Scan is Clear. Thyroid is on the low end but normal, AchR Binding,Blocking,Modulating that were sent out to a lab came back negative but were listed as experimental and non-diagnostic. Seeing a Neuro-Muscular Neurologist for my Birthday Next week. Physical symptoms are still showing. Though with reviewing my life I have never been able to smile, and my son does not appear to either. So that symptom is off the list possibly. There were other medications that I was on that may interfere with MG that we have taken me off of that were doing odd things.

I am the anti-Musk type??? Or nothing at all! It appears the muscles are increasing fatigue with sustained effort. Reading up on the Musk Type, and symptoms just now, Dr. Yi seems to be one of the authors on this type. That is who I am seeing next week.
.........Don't get it. Please explain... Why give a test that is non-diagnostic? The Mayo Clinic is the lab of choice for these (AchR antibody) assays. Diagnosing MG is fraught with many false negatives. All the best... patrick123
patrick123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote