View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 06:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not MS after all?

My neuro put me on steroids for a "possible flare" but my MRI showed I was stable. She tried steroids to see if they would help, but at my appointment Thursday she said that if it didn't help then this is not Ms and I would need a different doctor to figure it out. I don't know if she meant I don't have MS at all or that this just isn't a flare and these symptoms are something else.

I had my last steroid infusion last night in the ER.

My Mom was taking me to the out patient appointment, we were 10 minutes from the hospital and I started having severe pain in my left shoulder and arm. She was worried about my heart so we went straight to the ER. This was the same doctor from when I went in for my side pain, can't stand her. There are plenty of great doctors at this hospital, just not her.

If she tries to give you morphine and you refuse, she pretty much sends you home right away because she figures your pain must not be that bad I guess.

So I reluctantly excepted the morphine, it only takes the edge off and makes me feel high, I hate that! I was in there for three hours when she came in and was going to send me home and said, "It's too bad you couldn't get your last steroid infusion". I asked her why, she told me it was an out patient order so she couldn't do it in the ER. I told her the out patient nurses told me it could if I couldn't make it there in time! I swear I knew more about her job than she did.

So they finally got it done then sent me home after telling me my potassium level was fine. I asked for printouts of my blood work to take to my pcp. They sent them with me. I was reading the results and noticed several thing that said either high or low. Including slightly low potassium. Well, when I got back to my mom's house (I'm staying here while my husband is gone hunting, he almost wouldn't go because of how I'm feeling and this was the only way he would ) and I was looking for the doctor's name on the paperwork. I couldn't find her name, but I did find that the blood work they sent me home with isn't mine!

I will be complaining to the hospital about this woman!

So she sent me home with no idea why my shoulder hurts, it is positional. I have to go to my uncle's celebration of life today and I will be bringing lots of pillows and my zero gravity chair!

So I guess I'm back in limbo land because the steroids didn't help, in fact I feel worse.

I feel like that was a lot of rambling and I didn't even say what I wanted to. But it's 4:30 am, I feel like crap, I can't think clearly and I'm tired but wired!

I'm going to try and go back to sleep for a little while.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (10-01-2016), NurseNancy (10-02-2016)