View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It appears obvious that you have neurological manifestations of Sjogren's...but that doesn't mean the disease itself is neurological, in the way you state. Sjogren's is a rheumatic disease...but it has neurological complications in many people (like you).

Pruritus is profound itching and can be neurologic. Neuropathy (particularly SFN) can cause intense itching that cannot be relieved from scratching (as the source seems much deeper that the surface of the skin). I have this complication when the neuropathy flares...and it involves my entire body, especially legs. I literally can't get relief and just wait it out (it eventually wears off).

I'm glad to hear your MRI can back negative. Your new Dx of Sjogren's and ongoing neurological symptoms should open this neuro's eyes. At the very least, you should request the repeat skin biopsy...since yours was not done properly. They also need to make sure the biopsy includes morphology...as it is classic for Sjogren's to damage the actual fibers...even when the density can be within normal limits. Damage fibers would explain the very symptoms your describe body wide.

Will you be seeing a new rheumatologist anytime soon? What did the CT show? Hopefully it was all clear, as well.

Did you see my PM from the other day?
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (10-02-2016)