View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 11:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

How it hurts to comment ... I have 2 who I know are living on borrowed time. Our current dogs came to us as youngsters less than 12 months old and were rescues, none could handle or train them but my husband persevered and they have since served their country receiving defence medals on 5 yrs service. We have had 2 of them now for 10 years and the 3rd is 5 going on 6 years (gets his defence medal next month I think). The older 2 are since retired (7-8yrs) the younger still wildly active but his retirement is approaching and DB is once again on the search for new rescues to be trained. Please tell your daughter she gave her dog 6 more years of life than he would have had, she give him love, warmth and comfort, he will have died quickly with a seizure, the brain doesn't register anything while seizing so there is no pain nor awareness. The blood a sign of a bitten tongue in seizure, the soiling after he has gone and the body purging. He would not have felt anything. I can completely understand her pain and sorrow. Vets in my experience do on the whole try to do the right thing, he or she may have thought medication would help the dog to live a longer life. Sending you all love and hugs xxx
Attached Thumbnails
OK girls, I am here where is everyone else????-image-jpg  
doydie (10-02-2016), ger715 (10-07-2016), Kitty (10-02-2016), tkrik (10-05-2016)