Thread: Neupro Patch
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool

Hi therese - I am new here so didn't want to jump in right away (especially as I am across the pond in the UK!) but as you are not getting many replies I thought I would chip in

I started a thread over on the very very new (and developing!!) UK Parkinson's Disease Society Forum on using Neupro patches - if you click here you will see what was said, which may be helpful!

I am currently on about 6 Sinemet Plus (25/100) a day, taking one when I wake and then one every three hours. I was finding that waking in the night I found myself to be very stiff with a lot of internal tremor, so much so that I wasn't getting back to sleep. Also, if I needed the bathroom then I could barely get out of bed in time!! Not funny!! I saw my neurologist last in April (I see him again in August) and he suggested very low dose rotigotine (Neupro) in addition to the Sinemet and that I change patches before going to bed. The reason for this is that although a patch is a 24hr "trickle" of medication, there is apparently a natural curve such that there is marginally more benefit early on in the 24hr period (which coincides with me trying to sleep). It definitely has helped - I am not leaping around but am confident I will get to the bathroom OK!
brockie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote