View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Methylcbalamin Caused Acne

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThe Road Back View Post
Hi all:
I'm currently receiving B12 shots to address a diagnosed deficiency. Since I began the shots a few months ago, I noticed my skin breaking out like a teenager. Has anyone else had this happen or heard of it?
By the way, I haven't eaten any chocolate or changed my diet in any way.
Thanks!
Sara
Hi,
After nine years of severe facial neuropathy, a new doctor tried Methylcobalamin 10,000 mcg/ml injected twice weekly. Within a month, the neuropathy was gone. Considering I had tried everything from neurontin, enbral, methotrexate, you name it, nothing did anything. The only problem is that my skin is now loaded with cystic acne. I have never in my life had acne, let alone cysts. Every day, a new one appears. They are deep and painful. I now know that other people have had the same thing occur with methylocobalamin, even though my doctor claims that the two are unrelated. I know he is wrong. I worry that if I discontinue B12 shots, the neuropathy will return. I also worry that my face will be scarred if I continue. Is there another form of B12 the cures neuropathy that doesn't cause acne? Is there anything I can do now to heal the cysts on my face.
Also, the cysts have spread to the upper back region as well.

Best
paulmethyl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote