View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 11:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyn View Post
Tupelo3 said: "no organization would fund them for a PD trial"

I didn't see this information in the article linked to by zanpar321. Do you have a link or a reference that you could share with us?
You can google multiple stories over the past year on their difficulties in attaining funding, culminating in the split with MJFF/CPT. If they had PD funding then you would seen an IND announced for use in the larger phase 2. I know of their difficulties from multiple sources in the PD community.

They were able to find funding with the ADDF, as stated in the release. They will study 42 AZ patients. Half will get escalating doses of Nilotinib, half will get a placebo. The study primary outcomes will test safety and dosing. Cognitive and functional testing will be secondary tests along with several AZ biomarkers, although, drug efficacy is not the primary outcome .

I am told that the GT team would still like to do a PD trial. Sorry, that's all the info I have at this time.
Tupelo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (10-03-2016), jeffreyn (10-03-2016), soccertese (10-03-2016), zanpar321 (10-03-2016)