Thread: My new addition
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default oh nooo..

BJ,
I've been anxiously following this thread. I'm so sorry this baby is gone. But if it will help any to know, I've saved another one. We found this little black fellow by the side of a busy interstate. Someone had thrown him out of a car. He was seriously injured and in a badly malnurished state. We gave him water out of a water bottle in the palm of our hand in the car on the way home. It happened on a weekend. I could not get a vet until Monday. They spent several days hydrating him and operated last Friday to wire his little jaw together. The little fellow is doing well. Yesterday when we went to feed him and set the saucer of food down he jumped in the middle of it and growled if you looked like you were going to touch his food. He's black, yellow eyes, scraped up and sooo thin. His ears look 3 sizes too big for his body. But he's had two trips to the vet, been given meds and antibiotics and now is really fighting to be a big guy. He's been appropriately named "Tuffy". And as you can guess, he's now a member of my best friend's family. She has cats, I have dogs.

I wish with all my heart that people would neuter and spay their animals. Throwing a tiny kitten out of a moving car is a cruel- heartless- gutless thing to do. It takes a real coward to purposely injure a little kitten that would fit in the palm of your hand.

I'm sorry for the loss of your little one.
Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote