View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 03:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillHoping View Post
As far as I understand the sicca symptoms can be caused by damage to the glands that secrete the fluids (tears, salive, sweat..) or to the nerve fibers that innervates these glands and regulate their activity.

The positive lip biopsy shows your salivary glands are affected so I guess it means that at least some of your symptoms are SS related and not SFN.
Although, maybe when the nerves that innervates a gland stop working then eventually it damage the gland itself.
Yes thanks - it's your last sentence that I'm wondering about too since I have no real sighs of severe mouth dryness or dental issues and my ultrasound of parotids showed no swelling. And yet my mouth feels horrible and I have tingle and numbness (and now bad tinnitus) right up cheeks into eyes and ears. The oral consultant and rheumatologist said my lip biopsy result was unusually high - especially for someone with good oral health. I relate so well to MS sufferers more than those with classic sicca.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote