View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 05:45 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Wanting to die vs. wanting to take your own life are very different things (I've walked down both paths). It's very common for people to wish for death during times of extreme stress, and you have been through so much my friend

I became disabled from MS at 28, and I feel the same guilt that you do that I'm unable to overcome my handicaps like others can. I want to return to work so badly, but can't. I miss interacting with other people… I am very isolated. I'm married, but there are difficulties, and I often still feel alone.

Prior to my disability, I spent my life taking care of others. I understand your occasional feelings of resentment over taking care of your granddaughter. I used to get that way from time to time when caring for my mother. It's a natural response because life is just expecting too much of you

I understand a life with constant pain, although I have chosen not to take pain meds. I think you likely suffer more than I do, and I know it's difficult for you to have to take pain meds with your history of alcoholism.

None of these things are easy, they are just a couple of the issues that you are facing, and I know that your past still follows you

I wish that the burdens you carry were lighter, and that your physical and emotional pain would go away

I am so proud of you for making your sobriety a priority despite all the challenges you face, and I am happy that you find comfort in your faith in God
OhKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-03-2016), bluesfan (05-25-2017), eva5667faliure (10-03-2016), ger715 (10-14-2016), PamelaJune (10-05-2016), PurpleFoot721 (10-09-2016), St George 2013 (10-14-2016)