Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
http://drjolee.com/Brain-Function-Questionnaire.pdf
This is what I read to help figure out the meds for sleep.
bizi
I will wait until I hear from mrs.D before I take them.
My first impressions are this...but I need more information to figure out what might work best for you, Bizi.

1) That PDF seems old to me. L-tryptophan has been back OTC in the US for about 10 yrs now. It may work for some, and Mark in Idaho on TBI forum manages to have a positive result with it, and was able to get off high dose Paxil. You can PM him or read his posts on that. I find the information on GABA confusing and not useful. Oral GABA usually does not work well, but there is another form called PharmaGABA which does work some, but it is expensive. It is relatively weak compared to Klonopin.

2)No B12? B12 is the cofactor in the brain to make melatonin (the sleep hormone) from serotonin. So if you are low on serotonin, and/or B12 active methylcobalamin, then you will not have natural sleep. I found that B12 really helped me when I went thru the menopause..it boosted melatonin naturally for me.

3) Taurine is very helpful for nerve pain, and gall bladder or sluggish bile in the liver. You list digestive enzymes so I wonder if you have a digestive issue that would respond to taurine.

4) Magnesium (not the oxide which is not absorbed much) is also very calming. A chelate or chloride like SlowMag will be absorbed and be calming especially if taken at night.

5) do you take acid blocking drugs often or every day? Proton pump inhibitors, or H2 blockers like Pepcid, Zantac etc?

You can answer me thru PM if you like.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-03-2016), Dmom3005 (10-03-2016), OhKay (10-04-2016)