View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 10:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart

Hello and Welcome Tata,

I am so sorry for what you're going through. That sounds miserable. Sometimes drugs like clonidine or terazosin are used to improve circulation. They can be taken orally or some meds can be compounded into topical creams by a special pharmacy to treat a limited area.

I have been receiving ketamine infusions for a year plus now and have gained warmth and function in my affected foot. It is still colder than the other but not as bad. There is hope and treatments that can help. Everyone is different so it takes some trial and error to find what works for you. For the record, I have had substantial improvement over the last year. I am not completely pain free and have to be careful, but I am much better and am able to walk and do what I need to each day. I was on crutches and a scooter for about a year.

Did your doctors check out all the possibilities for you having something they can treat? It seems sometimes people land here without having had adequate rule out. Nobody should settle for chronic pain if they don't absolutely have to. It can be difficult to stand up to doctors at any age and can take quite a bit of push at times to get needed tests or second opinions. My concern would be that your youth could affect doctors interactions (who already feel they know best but are sometimes wrong ). I hope that you feel comfortable with the answers your doctors have given you. If you don't, it is worth getting more information, referrals or taking along a trusted advocate. Another pair of eyes and ears in the room can be helpful for several reasons. Please don't take any offense here. I am a Mom to a teen first and foremost and we Moms never do shut down.

I hope you find relief soon. I am sending healing thoughts and many wishes for recovery,

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 10-03-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-03-2016), birchlake (10-09-2016), Shay08 (10-09-2016)