View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default update on Lyrica

Thanks for all the input. On De's end, she started on 50 mg once a day, then to two a day. She is up to 2 @ 75 a day. Immedicatly she had relief. The weight gain was 6 lbs, but we noticed that she did crave sugary foods, swweets. Things odd like Canned icing, raw choc. chipcookie dough, as soon as I told her about it, and had her switch to a cereal with spenda product for cravings the weight thing passed and the sugar cravings satisfied. She does have an ice cream now and then though.

Personally, the high doses scare me, espcially things like black outs. That was one reason she was off the nuerontin. This med if you are going to feel relief, in her case anyway it was noticable on the lower dose and improved with the uped dose.

As soon a she went to 75 mg though she ahd to adjust to one 75 for a few days, then to 75 mg @ 2 a day every other day for two weeks. This week she is tolerating the 2@ 75 mgs well and had the greatest releif.

I have used topomax myself, I found great help in not only nerve pain but the headpains I flared with. My dose was 100 a day, 1 @ 25 mg in am, 3 @ 25 pm. But to save money I had cut the dose in half and boost it on a bad day.
Still in a watch and see mood on Lyrica...

Off to work,
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote