View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatagraves View Post
I have been looking into naltrexone for a while now. I can't really seem to find how to get it. I'm assuming you need a prescription but I've also seen it online. I really need it. I'm freezing and red right now. Used to be swollen. Now it just is so cold. Also how long did it take to work? Thank you!
If you google LDN and Dudley you will find the info you need to get LDN, either via a doctor's prescription or through mail order/or both.

Episode 39: LDN with Dr. Thomas Cowan | Phoenix Helix

Get Your Low Dose Naltrexone Prescription Online | LDN Doctor (I know nothing about this site. My opinion is that the out of pocket cost of consultation of 210 is not exorbitant, but it is an unfair price to pay if you are paying high premiums for medical insurance or have a WC CRPS injury that should cover this cost.)

LDN started to help me with my mobility (I progressed to walking more easily on crutches/walking upstairs) fairly quickly, within a month, but it took considerably more time to address the bone chilling cold. The biggest eureka occurred when I got into a warm swimming pool near the end of the summer last year. The water's buoyancy allowed me to walk, run, hop-abilities I did not have out of the water. As I became more mobile I experienced less full body cold. At the same time I started to gradually lower the temperature of my bath/shower water.

For full disclosure, I experienced several regressions, after an endoscopy/colonoscopy, after a slightly too long car ride, after trying to use a community pool and when the weather turned cold. I believe if I had started Aqua PT in a warm pool last fall and continued through the winter I would not have experienced these regressions. I know this, because once I started Aqua PT in May this year I started to improve dramatically.

It is my belief that LDN will help your body to heal, but at the same time you must address the changes that CRPS has made to your brain, through exercise and meditation. Dr. Michael Moskowitz Home | Neuroplastix explains in his book on brain healing, that chronic pain signals come from multiple areas of the brain that have been hijacked. In a nutshell you have to retrain your brain to eliminate those pain signals in those hijacked areas. Therapeutic Animations | Neuroplastix I found exercising in warm, salt water hypnotic-a two for one experience.

Last edited by BioBased; 10-04-2016 at 05:14 PM.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Shay08 (10-09-2016)