View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfeather View Post
How did you go about testing for viruses and can you give some detail about your treatment protocal? Do know about the Braak hypothesis, where PD begins in the gut and is caused by viruses, bacteria or some other pathogen?
I brought the idea to my functional medicine doctor after visiting forums regarding fibromyalgia and ultimately the connection to EBV. I had a blood draw from a blood clinic and it was sent off for a Viral Panel Premier test (Immunosciences Lab in LA). They test for Igg and Igm testing for active viruses.

My protocol is a long term anti-viral (Valtrex) and anti-inflammatories (Tumeric, cannabis, etc. some take LDN). I also take an assortment of antiviral supplements and herbs for immune support. My food is all organic. High amounts of (fruit) dark berries, green veggies, cilantro, tumeric root, thyme, etc.

I had some "herx" -like moments and felt amazingly better after. I am moving food without constipation now and feeling better. When my gut is working, I feel great.

The best book on the subject is Medical Medium. It starts off unbelievable but talks about EBV stages. I am more/less following his protocol and having success so far although he does not mention the use of valtrex.

The Medical Medium—and What’s Potentially at the Root of Medical Mysteries | Goop
OlliePop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (10-04-2016)