View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Eva, I think that sometimes people view those with medical and mental health challenges as needy or weak. In fact, it's often the opposite. Life has conditioned us to absorb many more blows than those who have been lucky. The same applies to the other difficulties we have faced in life. But that doesn't mean that it's always smooth ride.

I've had my share of problems with doctors. My PCP tells me not to be so judgmental… that I expect too much, but I expect compassionate and competent care, and I don't think that's asking too much.
I take so many meds for bipolar disorder, I don't take anything to treat my MS or its symptoms anymore. I've decided I'm just going to suck it all up because I don't want to be zombified, and I need the psych meds to work more than I need to be comfortable.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling so lonely… I think that your children are old enough that your obligation to stay alone is over. Your relationship with your granddaughter is different. She has in no way been effected by your drinking, so you do not need to unnecessarily punish yourself on her behalf. You deserve to have a life of your own

I am still with my husband, although we separated for 3 months in 2014. Even though there were already major problems in our marriage, the separation was mainly due to my inability to control my bipolar disorder and drinking. My husband is an alcoholic, but I have been sober since July 2015.

Kay
OhKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-05-2016), bluesfan (05-25-2017), DMACK (12-21-2016), eva5667faliure (10-05-2016), PamelaJune (10-05-2016), PurpleFoot721 (10-09-2016), St George 2013 (10-14-2016)