View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thank you Stars! It helps to know that others have experienced this random excessive weight gain. I literally skipped size 12 and went on to size 14. And, I didn't have any size 14 clothes. I mostly have size 8 and 10s. Since my surgeries, I don't like anything that pushes on my stomach. It's very uncomfortable for me. My daughter let me borrow her maternity jeans and pants after my last surgery. They were awesome!!!! But maternity clothes is so expensive. DD25 told me about a resale shop that sells maternity clothes along with kids/baby clothes and toys. We're going to go check it out hopefully this weekend. I hate spending money on clothes that I may only wear for a little bit, until they get things figured out. I did buy a pair of maternity pants at another thrift store but they're a little big and are capris. It's not cold out but I know that I will need pants soon as it will be getting cooler and I won't have anything to wear in public.

I have to get my thyroid retested this month (TSH, T3/4, autoimmune thyroid, etc.). I also have a bunch of other blood tests to get done including my A1C, which was slightly above normal (like .1 over the normal range) but my fasting blood sugars have been normal. The endocrinologist said that since my blood sugars have been normal he does not feel that I am pre-diabetic or have diabetes.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-08-2017), PamelaJune (10-05-2016), Starznight (10-06-2016)