View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 12:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If you have a PT that is willing to go over the pain limit. Personally, I don't believe in that, and I've always been told it was a bad thing, so it's always been important to exercise well within the pain limit. Now your pain sensation can be decreased with meds, so therefore (under normal circumstances), you should be able to exercise better. But you'll have to talk to your PT & doctor.

I myself am on Neurontin (gabapentin) and it works well on my pain (I still have chronic non relenting CRPS, though). I was icy cold with it (like constant frost bite in both legs). That sensation has gone for the most part - of course this type of pain is very persistent and I experience breakthrough pain every day (for which I have sublingual buprenorphin, next to pain patches with the same medicine). I would give the gabapentin a try. You can't knock it until you try it. It has helped me with my pain *hugely*!

I'm sure they are willing to learn along with you. Have some faith. Be well!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-05-2016), ger715 (10-09-2016), Shay08 (10-09-2016)