View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Do not know what I have

Hi Everyone, spent most of my day reading everyone's stories on here. It actually made me feel better to hear people struggled with what I am going through but also depressed as my symptoms seem to be much different in ways and it is leading me to think I have MS and not AN. I will be seeing a Neuro soon although my PCP told me he is almost positive I don't have MS based on no family history, and my symptoms. Anyway, I have not been drinking for over 6 weeks and things got better for a few weeks but then worse when I got stressed because I thought my girlfriend was pregnant.
Now all I can think about is the way my body feels all day and it is running my life into the ground. I have so much anxiety i can barely focus on anything else. Here are my current symptoms. Like I said, I unfortunately think I may have MS and will find out soon but wanted to thank everyone for their stories and share mine in case someone has a similar one to me.

34 years old, used to dip tobacco but quit 3 years ago when i had my first bout of cold feet and a few fingers and decided that was the reason. Quit drinking as well and lost 50 lbs and got into ridiculous shape. Fast forward to 5 months ago I herniated two disc's in my back while lifting. I had been binge drinking for over a year and most definitely may be the highest functioning alcoholic ever lol. I could drink an entire magnum sized bottle of Merlot on a Tuesday night and be at the gym the next morning at 8AM. I was drinking a lot per week we'll say.

Well My feet were numbish and I kept drinking, and I went to a bachelor party in Nashville and I drank pretty heavily from Thursday- Sunday early AM. I drove back to ATL and was feeling cold in my feet and legs and then that night woke up and was soaking wet and my arms and legs were burning. I preceded to self diagnose myself and figured I was going through Alcohol withdrawal. I kept reading about the DT's and counted down the days to that 42-72 hour window when they start and of course had a chest pain and convinced myself I was having a heart attack and checked myself into the ER(False Alarm of course).
After a week I went to the PC and my symptoms were kind of stagnant with my fingers and feet going from cold to not cold and some burning in my arms and legs. He prescribed me some vitamin prescriptions and Gabapentin(sp?) Which i did not take because I would rather know how bad my symptoms are rather than mask the pain.

However the numbness around my body subsided a bit and then when I got super stressed 2 weeks ago about girlfriend they came rushing back and I have been stressed ever since, and this week traveled to Austin, TX for work and the building was cold and the temp was a different and all of a sudden I was getting tingly sensations in my face and hair line and my nose got cold and my knees would burn off and on.

So that is where I am as of tonight. I have no idea if stress can make things worse or if I truly have alcohol related neuropathy or some other ailment that just coincided with my drinking habits but from everything I have read on here no one has said anything about their face being affected. I'll never drink again regardless of my diagnoses and I'll make sure to update the thread so in case someone has my symptoms down the road. Anyway, thanks for baring with me, I don't really have anyone who knows what I am going through so this helped from a psychological standpoint.
"Thanks for this!" says:
coopster (05-14-2017), Icehouse (10-23-2016), kiwi33 (10-07-2016), onlyhuman (10-12-2016), PamelaJune (10-10-2016)