View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 08:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Anyone experienced this? (eyestrain and PCS)

You have been feeling well lately. Started watching movies on your ipad, or iphone, or computer. And spent hours and hours in front of the screen. You did not feel any problem until late in the day or next day. In the following days you realize you had a major setback due to this careless exposure.

Anyone can relate to this?

The main reason I am asking this is because I am the guy (perhaps the only one) who went from feeling 100% a month post concussion to having PCS after a plane ride from Europe to US (somehow US to Europe two weeks earlier was not an issue). This happened again a year later (again US-EU was ok but return to US was the trigger).

What went wrong, and how come this happened only on the return flight? (jet lag is worse going there) What happened? Clearly you are tempted to say: plane rides and jetlags are bad even for healthy folks, and exhausting for people with PCS. Except for me this was not an average setback, this was a major life changing setback (similar to what Drew experienced). I have been land strapped since, while my job requires me to fly (and I'd love to).

My latest hypothesis: Flights to Europe leave at night. I end up watching a movie and closing my eyes for a while to sleep (manage a couple of hours or so). Flights to US are during the day. I do not sleep (it's daylight throughout and most people are up) and I end up binge watching movies, I think about 3, so that is 6 hours of watching on the seat screen that is so close to the eyes (convergence).

I land and everything is OK. But symptoms start the next day and they last for months. Happened twice out of two. I just realized it might be mostly a vision issue. It would be amazing if it is so, since easily avoidable. Is that possible?

What do you guys think?

Thanks
bachissimo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote