View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 03:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Sean, welcome here.

You'll probably appreciate that it's virtually impossible to give a diagnosis over the internet. That said, the symptoms you report are certainly not unusual when it comes to neuropathy. While for most people it is mainly hands/feet, there are quite a few patients who have pains and sensations in other "extremities" (lips, hairline, etc.). It's certainly not a one size fits all condition.

It's also not always easy to diagnose. For some people it becomes clear after an EMG, for others it takes forever to be sure.

One thing: in my case stress is a major influence on how I feel, on how much pain I experience. So much so that I sometimes wonder if "it isn't all just in my head". It isn't - my EMG was very clear - but it doesn't cease to amaze me how much stress influences it.

One other thing: the whole concept of "high functioning" is best forgotten/dismissed. It usually means you have more time to damage your health before you get into serious trouble.

Finally: until you have some actual tests done, it's very hard to say what exactly is wrong. Stress and anxiety can cause the weirdest sensations, and you may have neither PN or MS, but a) that's not a good reason to start/continue drinking and b) the doctor (and be as honest as you can) is your best bet to find out what's what.

Last edited by Wide-O; 10-07-2016 at 07:37 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
coopster (05-14-2017), kiwi33 (10-07-2016), newstown (10-10-2016), PamelaJune (10-10-2016)