View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 04:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica View Post
I have bilateral cervical ribs. I have never had very much feeling on my fingers, so this had been a lifelong struggle. I recently have been diagnosed with a heart defect. I can no longer take antiinflammatories. I was taking 1600 mg of ibuprofen a day. And pretending I was find. I have never had a doctor take this condi seriously. But this pain is unbearable. My husband thinks it it just carpel tunnel, and he has that. "It is not that bad".

My doctor will not give me ANYTHING for pain. He told me to take tylonel. This is not in my head. I am losing function. I can not cool or clean without being in tremendous pain. I can no longer wash or dry my hair. How do I make my doctor understand that I am not exaggerating. I am in severe pain. I can't fake poor pitiful me. I have always pretened i am ok. So it is difficult for a doctor to understand I am as bad off as I am because I am composed and smiling when I speak to them. I don't know how not to be.
First of all, if you have cervical ribs, ALL YOUR SYMPTOMS AND FEELINGS ARE NOT IN YOUR HEAD. I really feel for your frustration. I too have cervical ribs bilateral and based on my research women has smaller thoracic outlet than men. Less space = More compression and you have extra rib, even more compression. It's really hard to chill with an inch an a half piece of bone is in your neck on each side. I wish all TOS, like NTOS VTOS ATOS extra RIB ALL TOS. has its own name instead of grouping them all as TOS. because the pain level is vastly different based on your location. Some people have more shoulder and arm pain. Some people have 10/10 headache and choking sensation. Some has under skin and abdomen issue and treatment SHOULD be different as well. May I ask how were you diagnosed with cervical ribs? MRI? Accidental CT? surgery? and where are you from? So we can try to help you with Drs from the sticky list.
veetos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (10-09-2016)