View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 05:49 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Tuna,

It was a rheumatologist who helped me by sending me for X-rays. The podiatrist I was seeing at the same time "thought" I had RSD, but decided to "wait" a few weeks before sending me for X-rays. He also said he "might" give me pain help after a few more visits. He did diagnose me based on those X-rays, but I never wanted to see him again, because IMO he allowed me to suffer.

If a doctor thinks you have RSD there should be immediate action IMO. Doctors know the RSD pain is off the charts. Call the pain clinic and tell them what the rheumatologist said. They may try to see you sooner or send you to another doctor or send you to Aqua PT. Call around to see if there is a heated pool you can get into NOW.

Please do not use ice as Catra advised and also as she advised bathe in Epsom salts. I found the latter hard to do. I loved it, but getting in and out of the tub multiple times a day was way beyond my pain threshold and energy level. But go for it, if you can. epsom salt | r.s.d.ecoding

If you have swelling, Natural Remedy to Reduce Swelling - YouTube Using a specific washing crystal you can wick off excess fluid. I found this very helpful. http://www.carriagehousemedicine.com/knee_pack.pdf It does not help the pain, but it is my belief that removing the stagnant excess fluid allows the lymph system to get back in action to do its job, which will help heal the limb and prevent long term, irreversible damage to the skin, etc.

Please look up DMSO. DMSO Gel 1g [DM2] - $24.99 : PreventDisease.comThis helped somewhat, as did serrapeptase, but not enough to make the RSD pain bearable.PARC: Promoting Awareness of RSD and CRPS in Canada DMSO and Epsom salts/magnesium can be purchased cheaply through farm supply stores, if there is one near you.

Magnesium oil is great to have on hand. Wonderful for aches, restless legs and CRPS. https://attackofthecraps.wordpress.c...ow-i-love-you/

Medical marijuana is supposed to be helpful for pain. Also MJ oil. I have not tried either.Illinois Cannabis and CRPS

14 Ways to Relieve Chronic Pain | Lifescript.com

Avoid braces and anything constricting.

Please update us.

Last edited by BioBased; 10-07-2016 at 10:33 AM.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (10-07-2016), Shay08 (10-09-2016)