View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Debbie! It's good to see you post. I'm sorry you were experiencing an increase in symptoms but am glad they have calmed down. You've been so busy this summer at the cabin and have had lots to do there. Add in the heat and humidity of summer and I'm sure that has contributed to your symptoms. How are all you little grands? Have you been able to see them over the summer?

I have a couple of projects that I am going to start working on. I picked up a couple of end tables at our local Salvation Army. I needed end tables but wasn't looking for them. These have the prettiest legs on them. I kept thinking about them and what I would do with them if I got them. They were $40 so I wasn't quite sure as my budget has been tight since I had to get a new computer. DD25 suggested that we go back and ask if I could get them for a lower price ($30). I asked the guy and he looked at the tag and said they were 1/2 off. I got 2 oak end tables for $20. I'm going to stain them a slightly darker color. I never liked that honey oak look. I realized yesterday while sanding that the trim is plastic!!! So, now I'm looking in to other options such as stainable primer and gel stains like Kar. I don't feel as confident with this piece anymore as I thought the trim was wood. A mix of materials makes it a bit more challenging. I really don't want to paint the tables. By design, these tables are not ones that would look good painted. I also like the varying colors that you get when you stain it, even a dark stain.

Last weekend, I found a nice, definitely solid oak, coffee table at the Goodwill. DD25 wasn't planning on getting a coffee table but after I spotted it and pulled all the stuff off of it she loved it. It was $20. She wants the bottom a cream color and the top stained a darker color. Her table will be a much easier, straight forward project. I have all the materials except the stain. I'm hoping to knock the table out this weekend as well as finish up a painting that I am doing for her.

I hope you all have a great day!
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (10-25-2016), Kitty (10-08-2016), PamelaJune (10-08-2016)