View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 01:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Tunajon,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing appointment with pain management. I am confused as to how you "failed" the drug screen if you have a legitimate prescription for xanax. I don't know that Pm doctors are typically managing their patients psychiatric meds. You'd think that they have patients with medications like xanax on board and being prescribed by other doctors. It seems strange to me that this prevented a consult.

I DO understand that they need to know about any and all prescriptions to avoid potential for addiction and to manage unsafe interactions. I also understand why they want you to wean off the xanax. Unintentional overdose and respiratory failure risks are higher in patients who take both opiates and benzodiazapenes.

I'm not clear on why you couldn't be seen to discuss neurontin or other non-opiate options or the possibility of local or sympathetic blocks if you wanted those. From here, that seems a little odd. Also what are you supposed to do about your anxiety Do they have therapists or prescribe anti-depressants? kinda strange...

I hope you are able to get what you need soon. If this clinic is not a good fit it may be worth trying another. I "interviewed" 3 PM doctor candidates before finally hiring one. The first two didn't make the cut. You should be able to ask about the clinic's policy for anxiety meds from other prescribers before committing time and resources to an appointment.

Also, does the rheum's consult mean that your patella is right where it should be or is it still off?

May tomorrow be a better day,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-07-2016), Shay08 (10-09-2016)