View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 06:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Hi,

Don't really like talking about myself much but I am putting this up here for others to maybe find encouragement that progress can occur even after 2.5 yrs.

We always hear that we are done healing after a year and I guess it isn't true, in all instances with me healing hadn't even noticeably begun after a year.

Eye evaluation Wednesday after all my therapy and the prisms are no longer needed so new glasses are being made without them and both eyes are operating at the same power now so the prescription will be the same for both eyes.

The other noticeable improvement is the eyes are working together while reading and though I still repeat reading words above average it is about half the rate of when I first was evaluated. They have this device that can trace the movement of your eyes and print a graph, pretty clever goggles!

Fatigue continues to be a factor in vision but at least I can have a hand in alleviating some of that by taking disciplined care of myself...heck at 57 some of that could just be old age too.

Bud
Hi Bud
Nice to hear that you were able to get rid of the prisms. After 44 weeks of vision therapy and two increases in the prisms I still have another 20 weeks before re-evaluation.

Did you ever see a neuro ophthalmologist? How big of a problem was your balance?

Like you, I am almost 3 years out. I am told there can be improvement albeit at a slower rate. Coming to grips with the new reality can be challenging and yes some of it could be attributed to aging!

It is Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend and I am grateful for my improvements and hoping for more!
Almost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote