View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Hi everyone! I've been terrible about consistently posting. I'll try to be better about it.

The weather is finally cooling off here. Anything under 90 is considered "cool" here especially after the summer we just had.

Fall festivals are in full swing here but I haven't been to any. I used to love going and just walking around and looking at all the different things folks had made. And enjoying the nice weather. Can't do that anymore but that's OK. Saves me money!! $$$

August and September were very hard months both physically and emotionally for me.

The first weekend in August I fell and like a dummy didn't have my phone with me. Couldn't get up and couldn't call anyone. I waited 7 hours for one of my son's to realize that I wasn't answering the phone and that they needed to come check on me. Oldest DS finally came over about 4 PM. Hearing that garage door open was the best sound I have ever heard! Poor DS found me on the floor and called for help. All that stress caused a major flair.

Then on the 22nd of August my orange cat Tigger died. It wasn't unexpected (he had Lymphoma) but nonetheless was very hard to go through. I was with him when he passed and kept saying "Mama loves you" because I had said that to him his whole life and it was a familiar phrase to him.

Not 24 hours had passed and Gracie (my grey Russian Blue) developed breathing problems and eventually was in so much distress we had to take her to the vet. The vet said she was suffering and in heart failure and we needed to do the humane thing and let her go. Gracie was in good health (or so I thought) and the vet said she could only describe this as a broken heart. Gracie and Tigger were a bonded pair and when Tigger left Gracie just lost her will to live. She wanted and needed to be with him.

So......August was hard. I needed a course of IVSM towards the end of the month because the stress was just killin' me.

Then, later in September I had a Trigeminal Neurialgia attack and have never experienced that kind of pain ever before. I was in tears. It felt like electrical shocks in my right eye and in the right side of my face. Finally got an rx for Tegretol and that helped immensely.

Well, that was the condensed version of what's been going on with me. October so far has been uneventful. Hoping I didn't just jinx myself!

Hope everyone is doing well and that others will check in.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (10-25-2016), Blessings2You (10-08-2016), PamelaJune (10-08-2016)