View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 06:15 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Help

Wow 20 years ago? I'm amazed that you have dealt with it this long. I totally feel for you on the choking. There is a move in Mixed Martial Art called "rear naked choke" People thought I was crazy when I described my symptoms to them; "rear naked choke", hard to breath, heart beat rapidly when arm raised, purple fingers when resting arms, throbbing headaches, feels like I'm wearing a turtle neck sweater. I can find no chill and it's was very hard to relax while laying down.

Before I was diagnosed with my cervical ribs, they thought I might have a tumor or thyroid cancer since there was a noticeable bump on my right side compared to my left side. The Dr. ordered MRI and MRA with gadolinium and found good old cervical MacRibs and first ribs being smashed by my clavicle. All my vessels and nerves was flat/compressed, no aneurysm on the artery but collateral veins developed massively. Anyway, you prolly should consult with a surgeon soon. I am not very familiar with Dr. around G.A. Do some research on the Dr. mentioned above and also do more research around your states. You might have to travel around but it will be worth it since you can no longer take this pain.

If you elect to have surgery, you may wanna tell your surgeon that you have extra ribs so they can look for it via mri or ct. My radiologist and 3 other surgeon didn't even see my extra ribs , they were only focusing on the compression of the vessel since they saw collateral vein. A 4th doctor realized later that there is a congenital defect of extra ribs bilaterally popping out of my seventh cervical vertebra rather than the normal thoracic aka 1st rib. Why is this important? They have to plan a longer surgery since it is a 2 ribs removal.
veetos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote