View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 08:00 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Pins & needles pain still 14 mo. Pcs

So I have a question for anyone who would be willing to answer. I used to have these pins and needles pain before like three months ago they used to be here and there an even more frequent when I first had my concussion. But I've noticed in the last few weeks that they've come back and I'm not really sure why. The only thing I can attribute it to is I'm doing more mental stimulus stuff. I've been back at school now for 6 weeks so I'm wondering if that's why. Also when I do anything that requires music or a lot of noise for a while or reading I feel like I have pains in my head. I'm kind of feeling depressed a little bit because I thought that was going away now. But I guess it has not. Just wondering what is causing that and is it okay to like work through that. I went to a basketball game last night and it was fun and I was having a good time but I started to notice that I was having pains in my head. What a mood killer. I'm not sure if it's ok to like push through that I hopefully it's not hurting me more. Also sometimes the pins and needles pain is random in my body doesn't have a Rhyme or Reason just like a little lectric shots here and there. I'm trying to live life as normal as possible and enjoy myself. I spent a very long time being depressed and very tired and now when I have energy I would just like to go out and enjoy myself but it seems like I cannot. My concussion was from being hit repeatedly in the head about 10 times I did not have a brain bleed but I guess my concussion was pretty serious going off of my post concussive syndrome symptoms and how long I've had it. Hoping to be normal really soon I am super tired of dealing with all of this. Seems to me like my head trauma shouldn't have been as bad as it is I'm not sure what's going on. I do see a neurologist every three months but it seems like there more worried about a headache and when I tell them about the pins and needles pain in my head they still call it a headache. They don't do anything else and I haven't done anything for a long time besides write me a prescription for an antidepressant which I have not taken. Not sure if I should get another opinion? Just seems to me like I should be better by now. Any thoughts please?
mussbsweet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote