View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 02:31 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Still trying

Thank you all for your replies. I went Friday to my pain clinic and came away with some tears. The doctor said he could only offer gabapentin and after telling me about a ganglion stellate block he had given to a woman who did not do well with it and was actually set back several months with her pain - he was not recommending giving it to me. But he would do it if I wanted - if that wasn't confusing? He wasn't into "experimental drugs" and wouldn't even look at literature I had brought with him on LDN. Really frustrating when the pain clinics say they treat CRPS but then within a narrow range of treatment (nerve block and gabapentin only). I had already decided again the blocks at this time, but thought he might be more open minded towards alternative drugs like LDN. My big problem is waiting till December when I see Dr. Chopra in RI. That visit will be an extreme expense for me....I am going to try Aqua Therapy next in the interim. I am also going to beg if I need to my GP to prescribe DMSO 50 percent for use on my hand which is swollen, stiff and painful. What type of doctors are prescribing your meds for you? Anyone have good experience with mirror therapy?
gailr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-09-2016), Shay08 (10-10-2016)