View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 02:47 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Vitamin D

[Forgot to mention - my vitamin D levels were insufficient and my GP started me on 4800 IUs about two months ago. Haven't had a retest but I do have more energy. 4800 seems high but I did read that CRPS suffers do have a tendency for low levels. I was taking 2800 IU a day but not enough. Also have osteopenia (just tested). My GP would like me to get most calcium from foods with high levels rather than taking vitamins - also take walks. Walks are hard because I am so lightheaded and never know when this will spike. I have incorporated into my diet more leafy vegetables and fruits and NO breads, and sugars. I look for anything non inflammatory including tumeric. I have lost six pounds in just a few weeks which I am happy about too. Also drinking lots of water which I have to force myself to do.

Just unhappy always having such stiffness, swelling and pain. My mood is much better in the a.m. so I try to get things done and know that towards evening I will be much worse. Thank God for my husband who is trying to understand and help the best he can.
gailr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote