View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 03:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Gail,

LDN is not anywhere near commonplace yet. I am not surprised your doctor doesn't prescribe it. My doctor, who gives ketamine and seems progressive, wasn't interested in pursuing it when I asked about a year ago. Stanford is currently doing a study on it and I'm hoping for our sake that a recommendation will come out when they have results.

Until then, gabapentin or something like low dose nortriptyline could make you more comfortable until you see Dr. Chopra. That is not a bad thing. Keeping your pain down is important in fighting this. Titrating the dose of new drugs helps prevent side effects. I usually start at half dose. You could also try gabapentin only at night which is what I did when I took it. And Nortriptyline (was prescribed by neurology but PM was also willing) is a once a day take at night kind of pill. Either can treat pain and also help you rest better.

I felt that mirror therapy was helpful and did it several times a day. DMSO is available online without a prescription. It is often a higher concentration than used for our purpose. I found aloe vera gel to be a good substance to dilute it with. You might also consider PEA Pure or palmotoylethanolamide (which I just saw is also now produced in the US under a different brand name). It attenuates glial activity and is recommended for neuropathic pain.

Hang in there. December is getting closer everyday!

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (10-13-2016), ger715 (10-09-2016), PurpleFoot721 (10-09-2016), Shay08 (10-10-2016)