View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 11:48 PM
anon122822

anon122822

Quite interesting lab results. I am still confused as to why the doctor you were working with had you do tests that included Norepinephrine and Epinephrine as they hold no value in decision making until after the patient has been stabilized for at least a few months. Regardless, the only way to continue moving towards reaching the dosage needed for symptomatic alleviation is to do more tests to eventually get the serotonin and dopamine in the phase 3 therapeutic ranges. Based on the numbers of the lab tests it makes sense why he did not achieve relief of symptoms since the first test is a phase 1 or phase 3 serotonin with a phase 2 dopamine, and the 2nd test is a phase 1 serotonin and a phase 3 dopamine. They both need to be phase 3 within the range of 80-240 for serotonin and 475-1100 for dopamine simultaneously. Read this paper for a better understanding on this entire system of interaction if interested: APRESS: apical regulatory super system, serotonin, and dopamine interaction

I'd be very interested in seeing what the lab results of the 3rd test would have been after that change in dosage of 4 RE to 0 RE and upping the TR to 6. They were able to push him out of a phase 2 dopamine by adding 240 mg of L-dopa after the first test and then given that they decreased the 5 htp after the 2nd test indicates that the serotonin was a high phase 3 so they were trying to bring it down by decreasing the 5-htp. Well at least that's my initial analysis of it, I definitely could be wrong on a few things haha.

Anyways, based on your previous post you stated that your husband did not have any side effects to the methionine, has that continued? Are you still planning on getting into contact with Dr. Oler to continue with this?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote