Thread: LDN Help
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 07:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFoot721 View Post
I feel that you have to advocate for yourself when it comes to LDN and CRPS. Most doctors know so little as it is when it comes to CRPS that if it were not for us, the patients doing the countless research that we do to understand all that we are going through, they might not ever even look into medications such as LDN.

I was not able to find a doctor that was willing to work with LDN for me, but that is partly because my doctors had me on high levels of opiates since well before I ever heard of LDN. If you are able to find a doctor that is willing to work with you and your research and suggestions, then hold on to them and see if it helps. I like Littlepaw's and Bio's suggestion about calling around to compounding pharmacies. They may only be able to offer a few suggestions of doctors that might prescribe LDN, but it is someplace to start.
Any reason why LDN is so "popular" here all of a sudden? I feel like it's almost being pushed.

I mean, I know it's "new" and all, but... really? It's a pain medicine, right, not something that improves the CRPS. And there are plenty of other options in that regard. And everyone is different!

I've been on Neurontin and buprenorphine patches + sublingual buprenorpine since 2004. These things have tackled my pain tremendously well. I do have my moments where the pain breaks through, but the sublingual pills take care of that pretty darn well. I do have a remnant of pain, but nerve pain is difficult to truly get rid of.

Nothing can be done for my legs anymore, but I knew that. It was far too late for any kind of treatment (not that doctors didn't try and give it their all, because they *did*, you betcha).

My arms, different story. That was early stage and was tackled with calcitonin pretty well (I react favorably to that medication).

Anyway, what I want to come across is that it is DIFFERENT for everyone, and it's like LDN is just being pushed forward as "the answer", and I don't like that - at all.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote