View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Chronic headache has always been my primary and worst symptom since my concussion journey began. I'll break my case down a little bit.

2011 - First concussion(from drinking accident). Migraine and tension headaches along with other symptoms(nausea, vomiting, fatigue, sensitivity to light, dizziness, tinnitus..I'm sure others but can't remember) began 4 days later. All symptoms except for constant headaches go away after 3 months.

2012 - Still have the headaches. Reduced in intensity a little bit after rest, better diet, vitamins, and amitriptyline. Bumped head working under a table. All symptoms from 2011 return. Headaches magnify again. Try new different headache meds and makes headaches unbearable.

2014 - After starting Cymbalta in 2013, starting to feel best I've felt before 2011. Headache intensity at its lowest. Bumped head once again. Back to the drawing board! Headaches so bad could not even look at a computer screen for one second without horrible migraine. Took two months off work. Did the "dark room" thing and avoided electronic device stimulation for 2 months. Ramped Cymbalta from 60mg to 120mg. Got a radiofrequency neurotomy. 8 months later...headaches completely DISAPPEARED!. Back to normal.

2015 - Best year ever! Symptom free.

2016 - Bumped head..here I am again. Headaches not as bad this time. Definitely a neck injury involved as I have constant neck pain with the headaches. But its been 6 months now and I'm improving. Really bad anxiety this time around. Back on Cymbalta. Only up to 60mg. Really have been avoiding a second neurotomy. Doing various alternative therapies to treat. Postural and neck exercises.

You can beat the headaches! You just gotta keep fighting!!
TooStressed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote